We have been on the ground floor in partnership with Eco-Andersonville by sponsoring the first ever and now ongoing Farmers’ Market, as well as the sidewalk bin recycling program, which is now established as a unique (unfortunately!) local system for easy and efficient collection of a huge amount recyclable materials which would otherwise end up in the landfill.
We have established additional goals for ourselves moving forward, and will no doubt continue to add to this list as we strive to be better stewards of resources of all kinds.
Painted Light Sustainability Goals
- Invest in more energy-efficient fluorescent worklights by mid-2011
- Research and identify business partners for who are using 100% sustainable forestry practices and/or producing eco-friendly materials (such as bamboo), for the framing and gift industries
- Identify more sources for reusing and repurposing our “trash” materials such as leftover matboard and foam core
- Install a rain barrel by spring 2011 to capture water for watering our outdoor planters
- Find a source for recycling picture framing glass
- Develop an attractive system for utilizing leftover kraft paper for packaging and labeling
- Conduct a “carbon footprint” analysis with regard to the shipping of products and develop a program for offsetting our impact.