Active community involvement is an important goal for Painted Light Photography & Framing Gallery. Seeking ways to be effective partners, we have relationships with various community organizations and together, we are all working to keep our neighborhood a vibrant and thriving area. It is through organized community activity that we maintain the great neighborly spirit, diversity and connectivity that is so important to us here in Edgewater/Andersonville.
Business Partners, Favorite Causes and Community Activities:
- Enterprising Kitchen is a social enterprise which exists to provide job skills and eventual self-sufficiency to low income women in Chicago. They produce natural and organic soaps, body butters, soy candles and bath teas and gift sets through their “Choices” brand.
- The Crossroads Fund ”Change, not Charity” is the motto of Chicago’s most progressive and important foundation supporting a variety of grassroots efforts including LGBT, disabled & youth-empowerment initiatives through arts and community activism.
- West Andersonville Neighbors Together is our neighborhood organization whose community garden we are members of and whose newsletter is an important tool for information, visibility for local businesses and community outreach.
- Sponsors of Eco-Andersonville’s Farmers’ Market and neighborhood sidewalk recycling bins since their inception in 2009; members of the committee.
- TreeHouse Humane Society, one of the nations longest-running no-kill shelters and animal activist organizations.
- Chicago Bird Collision Monitors, who conduct rescues in downtown Chicago during bi-annual migration and educate the public about bird-safe architecture
- Friends of the Forest Preserves, working to maintain and expand our urban natural areas through restoration and habitat preservation, as well as providing green recreation areas for people in the Chicagoland
- We regularly donate auction items to non-profit arts and community groups such as Edgewater Historical Society, Chicago Tap Theatre, Swedish American Museum, Andersonville Development Corporation
We have provided links to all the groups listed above and hope that you might find something that sparks an interest. As we continue to build relationships inside the shop and out, we hope you’ll choose to be a part of our “Painted Light” community as well.